Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sad Day.

Yesterday, was a sad day for me,  a memorial day about my aunt, we call it 40, because it is 40 days after person's death date. We went to church for a special mass on her soul, then we went to visit her grave, there was alot of emotions & tears.


For me, I wanted not to cry, because I believe; this is our end at all, no one will live forever & as a believer this is GOD's willing & we should accept it. But, really I couldn't imprison my tears, I just let them go out, especially when the priest was hymning a prayer's words on her soul, I felt that my heart wanted to cry not just only my eyes!

Then after visiting her grave, on the old church, I did some tour on other graves, I looked around me & saw there were no enough places, each grave is too close to the next one, I amazed how many people were died through these years,Christians in Iraq becomes like a hard currency!

So, I was trying to read about those dead people & some of graves were very old, even I can't read their names & pictures were deleted because of the weather, & no one really care about them, clean them or renew the names, like bold it.

There isn't any green area, or some trees or flowers, the cemetery needs some care, it is the only thing that we can do to respect our deads, it is just desert with a poor gard's family live there, nothing more.

It was a big day by all meanings, we welcomed people who wanted to comfort & console us at church's hall.

Most of those who came to console us having some special one who passed away by terrorist or illness like cancer which became very common here just like flu; most them having their own story to tell, I was thinking if we were going to write a book about Christians in Iraq after 2003 we will never complete it or reach the end, because of how much stories we have from those families, like a story of a family lost her only son in 2005 by terrorist, they wanted to kidnap him while he was driving his car in substreet but he resisted them, he pulled their mask, they killed him right away, by lunging him a knife through his body & cut off his head!!! (he was civil engineer got master degree & engaged to get marry), his mother was barely can walk just to share others sadness or calamity, many like her do that to relieve their selves & feelings.

This is just one story of thousands of Christian's families stories in Iraq, we don't hate the other, we don't hurt the other, we don't say bad things to other, we are as always PEACE MAKER as Jesus taught us to be, we accept the other, we don't cross our lines, we don't curse in our prayers, we love all people in whole the world even the bad people, we pray for all, we forgive to those how hurt us we don't get revenge by sword, we don't kill by religion name, we don't satisfy one's thirst for revenge.

We believed in humanity for everyone, to anyone in this world (women, men, child, old people, good/bad, any ethnic, any belief) has their own rights to pray, to practice their religion in their own way without fears, without afraid of going to thier holy places to worship GOD. without thinking to be killed by others!

Can others take our lives, but not our values, not our virtue, not our freedom.
          " الحقوق تنتزع ولاتؤخذ  "
" Rights can be pulled out but it can't be taken"

2 comments:

Freedom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freedom said...

Hello Mister Ghost,

It has been along time that we didn't post, we got very busy, however we will continue to post again:)

Thank you for your words & feelings about my aunt, I appreciate your concern.

Yes, we have th 40 day mourning & we do memorial masses & not just on 40 day even after 1 year on person's death, It is traditions more than religion way.
Even women here wearing black clothes some till 40 day some till 1 year, & some more than that though Church refusing this habit, because, it is against Christianity core.