Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From Dark Past to Bright Future!

In many times when we forced problems in our life, we usually fight at beginning then give up, But for Quiana Childress, she didn’t give up, her determined to help her family & get them out from bad situation at that time & never lose hope to get a job after school & she was only 16 years old, but she didn’t want to see her family falling apart.


She supported her family but, she wasn’t known that support will lead her to be a doctor..!



"Sometimes, I would go to bed hungry," Childress recalled. "My mother would try to portion out the food for each one of us. Sometimes, it wasn't enough."



With 16-year-old Quiana trained as a nursing assistant and went to work.



"I guess my mother felt like it was too much for her. The problems were too much," she recalled. "And I came home one day and the boxes were packed. And she came up to me and told me she was leaving and that I needed to find a place to stay."



At 16, Quiana was homeless, sleeping in her only possession -- an old, used Pontiac.



She added "It was a scary time. I couldn't really sleep," she said. "Eventually, I just learned to pray and close my eyes."

She took on a second job while she was still in school. Every day began by waking up at 3 a.m. to study.



"I didn't want to be a burden on anybody," she said. "I did not want to take advantage of any situation. I just wanted a roof over my head, be able to go to school, play basketball, and just live what I would consider a normal life."



I think there are many of Quiana in this world & many how want to be like her.

You can read more about it in this link:

www.abcnews.go.com/WN/person-week-quiana-childress-homeless-16-college-graduate/story?id=10652350

No comments: